THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER CLUB
- Established 1913
- If you are a member of the Golden Retriever Club you gain all these advantages
1. A world-wide advertisement of your kennel and stud dog(s) in
the GRC’s Yearbook
2. A record for all time in the Yearbook of your dog(s) achievements
on the bench and in the field.
3. The opportunity of winning many beautiful Trophies offered
by the Club at its Shows and Trials and for yearly achievements.
4. Priority for nomination in the Club’s Field Trials and Working
5. The knowledge that if your stud dog is in the Club’s Yearbook potential bitch owners
can access your contact details
6. A Hardback Yearbook – considered to be one of the best, if not the best,
in the canine world – that is published annually.
7. A magazine published in the autumn with items of interest, reports,
8. Reduced entry fees at the Club’s Open and Championship
9. The opportunity to attend seminars/symposia on subjects of particular
interest to the breed.
ALL THIS for a yearly subscription of: UK Membership Single £10, Joint £12 Overseas Associate Membership Single or Joint £16
THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER CLUB GENERAL CODE OF ETHICS
All breeders who register their puppies, and new owners who register ownership of their dogs with the Kennel Club, accept the jurisdiction of the Kennel Club and undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
1) Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2) Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon who performs an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operations to the Kennel Club.
3) Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4) Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5) Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6) Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7) Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8) Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9) Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10) Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11) Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12) Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13) Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14) Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15) Club Members who wish to breed from their bitches or use their dog(s) at stud are strongly advised to participate in the various health schemes appropriate to the breed.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/5033/Code-of-Ethics.doc KC/GJ January 2011
- Associate members resident outside
Europe can upon payment of an extra £8 have literature
and Yearbooks sent by Airmail.
- To download a membership application
form, click on the appropriate diamond.
UK Membership application UK Standing Order Form Overseas Associate membership application GRC UK Membership Renewal 2017